MUSD GUIDELINES, INFORMATION & RESOURCES
As we work hard to keep update ton the ever changing COVID world we encourage you to reach out to the Nurse Jamie or your admin for the most current information.
1) Remind yourself often that this is only temporary and we will return to normal soon.
2) Don't feel bad for feeling afraid, frustrated or overwhelmed. This is new for all of us and none of us are good at this! It's expected that we will feel uncomfortable with it!
3) BREATHE! 3 seconds in and 3 seconds out. When you inhale, breathe so deep that you push it into your stomach area.
4) Start your day thinking of 3 things you are grateful for. Repeat any time you find yourself having negative thoughts.
5) Take care of your basic needs. Get enough sleep and eat right!
6) Keep a normal schedule. Get out of bed at the same time every day and have a regular bedtime. Have school start and end times. Take breaks to avoid overwhelm.
7) Don't procrastinate. Take care of your responsibilities, like school work, promptly. This will prevent the stress caused by being behind and trying to catch up. It also improves our mood when we feel successful.
8) Ask for help. We have incredible teachers that are there to help you and welcome your questions!
9) If you find yourself feeling anxious or overwhelmed, try grounding exercises. A good one to start with is to STOP and find 5 things that you see, 4 things you hear (close your eyes if it is safe to do so), 3 things you feel, 2 things you smell and 1 thing you taste. Take your time with each step. Relax and breathe!!!
10) If you need help or just to talk, please reach out! I'm here to support you! I'm checking my voicemail and email throughout the day, every day. I will get back to you right away. My email address is email@example.com and my phone number is 987-1413.